Most guys definitely aren’t afraid to hit the weights, lifting heavy weights and trying different moves – this stereotype doesn’t apply to everyone – and it shouldn’t because lifting like a “guy” won’t make you look like a “guy”.
A clean and press together adds more work for your cardio, shoulders and arms. Once you’ve cleaned the bar, stand up and press the bar above your head.
- Start with your feet slightly wider than hip-width apart.
- Bend your knees and put one hand on hip or by your side and the other with weight on the floor.
- Extend legs and upper body with your arm straight and the weight now by your thigh.
- Put your shoulders back and activate your abs. Keep a slight bend in the knee to avoid over-extension.
- Lift the weight to your shoulder and press up to the sky.
- Come back down to start position in three consecutive movements.
Keep your wrists straight, not bent, unlike the picture — sorry, bad habit!