Chocolate Cookies with Avocado – Oh and no flour, sugar or butter! How’s that done? Well, we can thank Josefine from The Smoothie Lover for this awesome recipe!
I think I’m going to try this one over the weekend!
AVOCADO CHOCOLATE COOKIES
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Yield: 10 cookies
NOTE – These cookies are absolutely best when completely cold. Storing them in the fridge over night makes them perfect – * Some people might like a bit more sweetener. I like my cookies bitter. – * Instead of coconut sugar you can use 1/2 cup of honey – * I recently made a batch of these using 1 banana instead of the coconut sugar. The result was great. If using banana instead I highly recommend making the cookies using the food processor method.
• 100 g. (3/4 cup) avocado flesh (very ripe, but not brown)
• ½ cup (120mL) coconut sugar (*SEE NOTES)
• 1 egg
• ½ cup (120mL) dark cocoa powder
• 50 g. dark chocolate chunks (I used 85% cocoa)
• ½ tsp. baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 175°C / 350° F.
2. In a bowl using a hand mixer (or make everything in a food processor), mix together avocado and coconut sugar until smooth. Add in the egg.
3. Mix in the cocoa powder and baking soda.
4. Stir in chocolate chunks.
5. Using two spoons place dollops of cookie dough in a baking sheet with parchment paper. The cookie won’t spread as much as usual cookies when baking, so make sure to flatten them out a bit with the back of the spoon.
6. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the cookies don’t stick as much to the paper as they did before baking.
7. Cool down. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
– If using banana you might have to bake them for a little longer. Also, I recommend not using a big banana
– Readers have tried adding all different kinds of delicious add ins – try for instance mint, peanut butter cups, cocoa nibs etc.