When you add fresh produce – fruit included – salads can become a nutritional goldmine. This strawberry dressing is perfect for any light summer salad because it provides lots of antioxidants from the strawberries. Add on healthy fats and vitamin E from sunflower seeds, and folate and vitamin A when drizzled on a bed of arugula. Yum!
FRESH STRAWBERRY DRESSING
- 1-cup strawberries – rinsed and sliced
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- ¾ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- ½ tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- Put the strawberries, balsamic vinegar, black pepper, sugar and salt in a blender and purée.
- While the blender is running, add the 2 tablespoons of canola oil and process until smooth.
- Drizzle on top of your favorite refreshing summer salad and top with fresh sliced strawberries, sunflower seed, feta or even fresh goat cheese (optional).