BUTTERNUT SQUASH & LENTIL SOUP (SLOW COOKER!)
This recipe makes 8 hearty and delicious servings and still have healthy leftovers for the week. You can even freeze it for a few months.
- 8-cups vegetable stock or chicken stock
- 1 yellow onion – chopped
- 2 cups red lentils – rinsed
- 3 stalks celery – sliced
- 3 large carrots – peeled and diced
- 3 cups butternut squash – peeled and diced (about 1 pound)
- 2 cloves garlic – minced
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- Add all ingredients to the slow cooker and put the lid on.
- Turn the slow cooker to low for 8 hours – or 5 hours on high
- Stir and enjoy (or puree)!
Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to three days or freeze.
Makes 8 servings at 255 calories and 2.1 grams of fat.