This recipe has changed me. Holy moly! You will love this and you won’t notice the difference – except in the lower calorie count!
CAULIFLOWER FRIED RICE
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Looks and tastes exactly like fried rice! But so much healthier for you! Tastes amazing plain, or would also be great with some shrimp, chicken or meat added!
• 1 head of cauliflower, (about 2½ cups chopped in a food processor)
• 2 Tbs sesame oil
• 1 small white onion, chopped
• 1 cup frozen peas and carrots, thawed
• 2-3 Tablespoons soy sauce (more or less to taste)
• 1 egg & 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
• 2 Tbsp chopped green onions (optional)
1. Rinse and chop the cauliflower into florets and put into a food processor. (If you don’t have a food processor continue to chop the cauliflower into tiny pieces.) Pulse until the cauliflower until it is small and resembles rice.
2. Preheat a large skillet or wok to medium heat. Pour sesame oil in the bottom. Add white onion and peas and carrots and fry until tender.
3. Slide the onion, peas and carrots to the side, and pour the beaten eggs onto the other side. Using a spatula, scramble the eggs. Once cooked, mix the eggs with the vegetable mix.
4. Add the cauliflower to the veggie and egg mixture. Pour the soy sauce on top. Stir and fry the rice and veggie mixture until heated through and cauliflower is tender. Add chopped green onions if desired.