This is a definite crowd pleaser. Fritattas are super easy to make and super delicious. Look, you can add whatever ingredients you like, you can also add whole eggs, or just egg whites, your call. I always like to add a green vegetable and a cheese. Have a salsa on the side, maybe even some avocado – don’t forget the whole grain toast too! Oh, and the mimosas!
ASPARAGUS & GOAT CHEESE FRITATTA
• 1/2 bunch asparagus (8 oz), trimmed, spears cut into 2-inch pieces, remaining stalks cut into 1/2-inch pieces
• Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 12 large eggs
• 4 scallions, thinly sliced
• 2 tablespoons minced chives
• 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
• 4 tablespoons (2 oz) goat cheese
1. Bring a medium pot of well-salted water to a boil. Meanwhile, prepare an ice water bath. Blanch asparagus until just tender, about 1 minute. Drain and transfer to ice water bath to cool. Drain. Set spears aside.
2. Whisk eggs with 1 tsp each salt and pepper. Stir in scallions, chives, and asparagus stalks.
3. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Heat oil in an ovenproof 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Pour egg mixture into skillet. Cook until edges begin to set; push cooked edges toward the center of the pan with a wooden spoon. Continue cooking until the center begins to set, about 2 minutes more. Dollop goat cheese over top and sprinkle with reserved asparagus spears.
4. Bake until eggs are completely set, 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool slightly before serving.