Cauliflower is all the rage these days, and it’s no wonder because it’s so versatile. These lovely cauli-tots will bring back memories of your younger years, but with a grown-up taste. Dip ’em in some sriracha ketchup (just add a hint of the chili sauce!) and you won’t be able to resist ’em. Enjoy!
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup onion – minced
- ¼ cup bell pepper – minced
- ½ cup cheddar cheese – shredded
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese – grated
- ¼ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup minced parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- cooking spray or oil
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F.
- Spray a non-stick baking sheet with cooking spray or lightly oil. Set aside.
- Place the cauliflower into a food processor and pulse it until it resembles the texture of rice. If you don’t have a food processor, you can use a cheese grater or very finely chop it.
- Microwave the “riced” cauliflower uncovered in a microwave safe bowl for about 4-5 minutes on high.
- Remove it from the microwave and allow it to cool for at least 4-5 minutes.
- Place the cooled cauliflower in a kitchen towel and squeeze as much of the liquid out as possible.
- Mix the cauliflower and remaining ingredients in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Gather about 1 tablespoon of mixture in your hands and roll into small oval-shaped tots.
- Place on the cookie sheet ½ inch apart and bake for about 10 minutes. Turn tots and cooking for another 10 minutes or until golden.