A lovely light salad using farm fresh greens and berries. This looks gorgeous and tastes divine. If you are not a fan of feta, you could definitely sub in another salty strong cheese, maybe blue or gorgonzola. If you prefer unsmoked almonds, I would use roasted almonds, so yummy.
Baby Lettuces with Feta Strawberries & Almonds
• 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
• 1 teaspoon honey
• 1 small shallot, minced
• 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar, preferably Banyuls
• 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
• Freshly ground pepper
• 12 cups packed assorted baby lettuces (about 6 ounces)
• 1 quart strawberries, hulled—small berries halved, large ones quartered
• 4 ounces feta crumbled (1 cup)
• 1 cup smoked almonds, chopped
1. In a small bowl, stir together the mustard, honey, shallot and vinegar. Stir in the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
2. Put the lettuces in a large bowl. Add the strawberries, feta and almonds. Drizzle the dressing over the salad, toss well and serve.
Susy Sedano is a Content Producer at Digital Wellness, a fitness enthusiast and an avid cook of healthy meals. She prides herself on creating healthy dishes for family and friends, and is always on the hunt for new workouts and recipes! Despite her hectic non-stop work and fitness schedules, she is a “girl’s girl” and a student of life!
Want more from me? Find me on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest.