It’s the time of year when the treats start arriving along with the party invites, and often times the extra weight! Ugh! No, not this year. We’ve collected a few tips that so that we can all stay healthy, happy and on our way to hit our health goals. Don’t think of making “smart choices” as depriving yourself. There are plenty of options to help you enjoy historically sinful foods. These are some of those as well as healthy ideas for daily meals and snacks that will keep you full, satisfied and happy!
7 Healthy Diet Tips
- Breakfast Sandwiches: Instead of indulging in a bacon, egg and cheese sandwich from Dunkin Donuts which comes in at 460 calories, make one at home. Making a cheddar cheese omelet at home with 2 large eggs – 144 calories – will have you feeling full, but not laden down with the extra grease and fat.
- Avoid Baked Potato Side Dishes: Yes, they’re delicious, especially with butter and sour cream… but at 420 calories, why not have a cup of broccoli at only 55 calories? That’s a good swap, right?!
- Bye-Bye Bagel: Dump the bagel for breakfast, which if you added butter, can come in at almost 500 calories! Swap for vanilla non-fat greek yogurt with banana – which comes in at 200 calories.
- Sweet Tooth: A bowl of Ben & Jerry’s Peanut Butter ice cream comes in at 360 calories. My idea…a cup of strawberries with 2 Hershey’s dark chocolate kisses – all total – 90 calories!
- No More Muffins: Did you know a blueberry muffin with butter clocks in at 588 calories! You could choose a bowl of Kashi Go Lean – which is high in fiber too – with skim milk for 231 calories.
- Healthy Lunch: Celebrating a co-worker’s bday and someone ordered pizza? Hold off reaching for that 2nd piece of cheese pizza – 544 calories. Limit yourself to one piece – 244 calories, and add a salad.
- Afternoon Snacking: Peanut butter and jelly is the best! If you choose a snack of an english muffin and top it with pb&j, you are taking in 350 calories! I suggest swapping that out for veggies with hummus, which come in at 125 calories!
Susy Sedano is a Content Producer, a fitness enthusiast and an avid cook of healthy meals. She prides herself on creating healthy dishes for family and friends, and is always on the hunt for new workouts and recipes! Despite her hectic non-stop work and fitness schedules, she is a “girl’s girl” and a student of life!
Want more from me? Find me on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest.