The benefits of lentils and kale, plus the warmth and comfort of hot winter soup. That’s what you can enjoy with this easy vegetarian recipe. If you miss the meat, add chicken or sausage.
If you have a busy day planned, wash the lentils and chop up the vegetables the night before so that in the morning you can throw them all in the crockpot (except for kale, salt, and pepper to be added later). Then you can end the day with a nutritious, cozy soup ready in your kitchen. This recipe serves 6 to 8 people.
- 2 Cups of Dried Brown Lentils, rinsed and picked through
- 8 cups of Vegetable Stock
- 1 Yellow Onion, diced
- 3 Stalks of Celery, diced
- 3 Carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 14 oz can of Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 2 tsp of Italian Seasoning
- 4 cups of Kale Leaves
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
1) Add all of the ingredients except for the kale and salt and pepper into your crockpot.
2) Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6-8 hours. If cooking on high, add the kale for about 30 minutes at the end. If on low, add the kale with about an hour to go.
3) When fully cooked, season with salt and pepper to taste and dig in!