Brown rice is good, but it can get a little dull after a while. Why not try something new and liven up that boring brown rice you’ve got cooking.
Personally, we love coconut and ginger, and when you combine the two you get a tremendous base for something tasty and nutritious too!
- 1 cup brown jasmine rice, rinsed well
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup water
- Cilantro sprigs for garnish
- Combine rice, coconut milk, ginger, salt and water in a pot.
- Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Cover with lid.
- Simmer for 45 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork, top with cilantro and serve immediately!