- 350g dried penne
- 25g butter
- 125g pancetta or bacon bits or 2 slices cooked ham, chopped
- 4 tablespoon vodka
- 200ml double cream
- 3 tablespoon tomato purée
- A small handful of fresh flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese, to serve.
- 1. Cook the pasta in a large saucepan according to the instructions on the packet.
- 2. Meanwhile, heat the butter in a large frying pan over a medium heat, add the bacon and fry for 3–5 minutes until golden. Add the vodka and allow to simmer for a minute before adding the cream, tomato purée and parsley. Simmer gently for 5 minutes or until the sauce has thickened. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- 3. When the pasta is cooked, drain and add it to the sauce and mix through. Serve with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.
Susy Sedano is a Content Producer, a fitness enthusiast and an avid cook of healthy meals. She prides herself on creating healthy dishes for family and friends, and is always on the hunt for new workouts and recipes! Despite her hectic non-stop work and fitness schedules, she is a “girl’s girl” and a student of life!
Want more from me? Find me on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest.