Healthy cooking usually takes time that we don’t generally have… especially during the week. This recipe is super simple and can be prepped and in the oven in less than 5 minutes! The brown sugar gives the chicken a beautiful crust that you don’t generally get when baked chicken. When the chicken is just about done, try giving it a quick run under the broiler to really carmalize that sugar. It doesn’t take much, but it really boosts the flavor and texture, The only downside is you’ll definitely need to put something under the chicken before baking or your baking dish or cookie sheet with be almost impossible to clean.
Here, we opted to lay the chicken on a bed of fresh spinach, but you could also slice it up and serve it any way you want. Enjoy!
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (light or dark)
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning (homemade if you've got it!)
- Combine the brown sugar and taco seasoning in a shallow dish.
- Completely coat chicken breasts with brown sugar & taco seasoning mix.
- Place chicken in a baking dish lined with foil.
- Bake chicken at 425-degrees for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Once chicken is cooked, place under the broiler until nicely charred on top.
- Serve and enjoy!