Snacking. We all do it. We all maybe want to do more of it. Crunchy, creamy, salty or sweet. Pick your poison. I always love stumbling upon new snack makeovers that will not break my daily caloric bank. This is a great recipe from Sugar Free Mom – Mom’s know best right? She definitely as this one nailed!
• 4 cups thinly sliced zucchini (about 2-3 medium)
• 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
• 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
• 2 teaspoons coarse sea salt
1. Use a mandolin or slice zucchini as thin as possible.
2. In a small bowl whisk olive oil and vinegar together.
3. Place zucchini in a large bowl and toss with oil and vinegar.
4. Add zucchini in even layers to dehydrator then sprinkle with coarse sea salt.
5. Depending on how thin you sliced the zucchini and on your dehydrator the drying time will vary, anywhere from 8-14 hours.
6. To make in the oven: Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Lay zucchini evenly. Bake at 200 degrees F for 2-3 hours. Rotate half way during cooking time.
7. Store chips in an airtight container.