Are you looking for a new side or main dish option? Well here it is. I always have a can of chickpeas in my cupboard. I use organic – generally they have less sodium than the non organic cans of beans. I always also always have cucumbers on hand – English cucumbers or Persian cucumbers – yummy! This recipe is super simple and will be a regular in rotation on your weekly menus. Another thing, you can always substitute the lemon for a vinegar that you have. If you haven’t tried rice wine vinegar, this salad would be a great one to try it on.
Chickpea & Cucumber Salad
• 2 – 15 ounce cans of chick peas or garbanzo beans drained and rinsed well
• 1 English cucumber diced approximately the same amount as the chick peas
• ½ cup fresh parsley chopped
• ½ red onion, diced
• 1 red, + 1 yellow, bell peppers, diced
• 2 lemons juiced
• ½ teaspoon sea salt
• Fresh ground black pepper to taste
1. Mix all together and chill for 30 minutes.
Susy Sedano is a Content Producer at Digital Wellness, a fitness enthusiast and an avid cook of healthy meals. She prides herself on creating healthy dishes for family and friends, and is always on the hunt for new workouts and recipes! Despite her hectic non-stop work and fitness schedules, she is a “girl’s girl” and a student of life!
Want more from me? Find me on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest.