I didn’t go out seeking to find a paleo and gluten free tortilla recipe. I just wanted to make homemade tortillas. A friend of mine who cooks alot – and makes amazing food, told me that making tortillas by hand is super simple and fun. I will get around to trying regular homemade tortillas, I just thought this one looks interesting. I found this recipe on Paleo Newbie. These folks are full on Paleo eaters, so I figured the recipe would have to be pretty decent. A caveat they add “keep in mind these tortillas have tapioca starch, so limit them to the occasional dish.” Oh yeah, these tortillas have only six ingredients!Let us know what you think!
PALEO & GLUTEN FREE TORTILLAS
• 2 eggs whisked
• 1 cup of full fat coconut milk (or you can use unsweetened almond milk)
• 1 tbs of olive oil
• 3/4 cup of tapioca flour
• 3 tbs of coconut flour
• 1/4 tsp sea salt
1. In a mixing bowl, combine all the above wet ingredients (including the tablespoon of oil)
2. In a separate bowl, combine all dry ingredients together (salt and flours)
3. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients bowl and whisk until fully combined
4. Season your pan with olive oil (we used a 10″ non-stick pan)
5. Heat pan on medium to medium-low heat
6. Pour 1/3 cup of batter into center of pan to form about a 6″ circle
7. Cook for 2-3 minutes until tortilla is lightly browned on the bottom
8. Flip and cook about 1 to 1 1/2 minutes on the opposite side until browned
9. Place tortillas on a paper towel-lined plate
10. Makes about 6 tortillas about 6-inches in diameter
Susy Sedano is a Content Producer at Digital Wellness, a fitness enthusiast and an avid cook of healthy meals. She prides herself on creating healthy dishes for family and friends, and is always on the hunt for new workouts and recipes! Despite her hectic non-stop work and fitness schedules, she is a “girl’s girl” and a student of life!
Want more from me? Find me on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest.