Nutritious and tasty. If you’re eating salmon often, like I do, it’s great to add a different profile and kick up flavor. I usually make my fish really simply, and top with lemon. I found this recipe – I really found the photo and was sold. The salmon looks so good. I feel like I can taste it from the image. Savory and sweet with a kick from the chili flakes ~ Enjoy!
Clean Eating Baked Thai Salmon
• 6 x 6 oz sockeye salmon fillets, skin on or off
• Pinch of salt
• 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp Thai Sweet Chili Sauce, divided (Recipe below)
• 2 – 3 tbsp green onions, chopped
• Cooking spray
1. In a large baking dish, lay down salmon fillets in a row. Each fillet – sprinkle with a pinch of salt and top with 1 tbsp Thai sweet chili sauce. Brush or rub with your fingers to coat fish with sauce evenly on top, bottom and sides. Cover and let marinate in the fridge for at least 2 hours or overnight is the best (up to 24 hours).
2. Turn on oven’s broiler on High and position top oven rack 5″ – 6″ below the heat source. Line large baking sheet with parchment paper spray with cooking spray and place salmon fillets skin side down (if any). Coat with remaining marinade from the dish (if any).
3. Broil for 8 minutes, rotating baking sheet once. Remove from the oven and brush top of each fillet with 2 tsp of Thai sweet chili sauce. Return to the oven and broil for another 5 minutes or until salmon has caramelized. Serve hot garnished with green onions, extra sauce (if desired) with brown rice or quinoa on a side.
Sweet Thai Chili Sauce
• 1/2 cup maple syrup
• 1/4 cup water
• 2 tbsp white vinegar
• 1 tbsp cornstarch
• 1 small garlic clove, crushed
• 1 tsp salt
• 1/2 tsp chili flakes
1. In a small saucepan, whisk all ingredients until combined. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes or until thickened. Transfer to a glass jar and use with meats, seafood, vegetables and for dipping.
Susy Sedano is a Content Producer at Digital Wellness, a fitness enthusiast and an avid cook of healthy meals. She prides herself on creating healthy dishes for family and friends, and is always on the hunt for new workouts and recipes! Despite her hectic non-stop work and fitness schedules, she is a “girl’s girl” and a student of life!
Want more from me? Find me on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest.