Thank goodness we don’t have to go to the gym anymore to get our fitness in. I love the trend now of working out whenever and wherever. Listen, I still go to boutique gyms, barre classes, cycle, strength classes – I don’t have a regular gym membership anymore. I like the ease and fun of trying new things from all over, then making a collaboration of the new body weight only moves when I create my own workout. I know of quite a few workout dvd sets that only use body weight only without any weights at all – you really can sculpt and tone your body with you!
Here are three moves I like to help strengthen and tone inner thighs.
Sumo Squat with Arm Raise:
- Stand with legs wide and toes pointed slightly outward.
- Bend down until your knees are over your ankles; raise your arms to just below shoulder height.
- Straighten your legs, and lower your arms simultaneously.
- Complete three sets of 15 reps.
Start with your feet in a wide, second-position stance with your toes pointed slightly outward. Bend your knees, and lower into a squat, using your hands to help push your knees wide apart to deepen the inner-thigh stretch.
- Push off your knees to get leverage, and jump your right leg in front of your left, landing in a standing “cross-legged” stance.
- Immediately jump your legs back out to a wide squat with your hands at your knees.
- Push off your knees, and jump your legs together, crossing your left leg in front of your right.
- Repeat as many times as possible for at least 40 seconds.
Pilates Side Lying Leg Lifts:
- Lying on your side, lengthen your bottom leg, and cross your top leg over it. Rest either your knee or your foot on the floor. Prop your head up with your hand, or rest your head on your arm.
- As you exhale, lift your bottom leg up, and inhale as you lower it back down. Your torso should stay still while you do this.
- Do as many reps on one side as you can for 30 seconds, and then repeat on the other side for an additional 30 seconds.
Susy Sedano is a Content Producer, a fitness enthusiast and an avid cook of healthy meals. She prides herself on creating healthy dishes for family and friends, and is always on the hunt for new workouts and recipes! Despite her hectic non-stop work and fitness schedules, she is a “girl’s girl” and a student of life!
Want more from me? Find me on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest.