This mash makes a great sandwich, but also an excellent dip for parties too! Obviously, not everyone is a fan of sprouts, like we are, but this avocado-chickpea mash makes an excellent base to any sandwich.
The other great thing about this recipe, is it’s so simple to make. And if you’re looking for less dishes, you can mash it by hand for a chunkier texture that’s still just as tasty!
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 avocado, ripe
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Whole grain bread (optional)
- Sprouts (optional)
- Tomato slices (optional)
- In a food processor or bowl, combine the chickpeas and avocado and process until the desired texture is reached.
- Add lemon juice, salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- It's ready to eat on a sandwich or alone as a dip!