I’ve been trying to find desserts, well recipes really that I can add a twist to. Here is a doozy! It’s s’mores season, here is a delicious take on an already delicious original! You can definitely use your favorite nut butter, I’m obsessed with almond butter right now.
We are having a big family gathering for the upcoming holiday, and these are what I’m bringing!
ALMOND BUTTER S’MORES BITES
– Pretzel Crisps
– Almond butter
– 2 cups chocolate chips
– 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Set your oven to broil. Line a sheet pan with foil.
- Use a knife to slice each marshmallow in half.
- Spread the Pretzel Crisps on the sheet pan in an even layer. Place two marshmallow halves on each pretzel crisp.
- Place the sheet pan under the oven broiler and broil for 1 minute, until the marshmallows are toasted and slightly golden.
- Spread a dollop of almond butter on a pretzel crisp, then place it – almond-butter-side-down – on top of one of the broiled marshmallow-pretzels, pressing down very slightly. Repeat for each broiled pretzel crisp.
- Freeze for 30 minutes.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add 2 cups chocolate chips and 2 tablespoons of coconut oil. Microwave at half power for thirty seconds, stir, and microwave again for 30 seconds and stir until you have a smooth consistency.
- Take the pretzel s’mores out of the freezer. Dip each one in the melted chocolate up to their middles, coating each one halfway. Refrigerate the chocolate-dipped pretzels for 30 minutes.
Susy Sedano is a Content Producer, a fitness enthusiast and an avid cook of healthy meals. She prides herself on creating healthy dishes for family and friends, and is always on the hunt for new workouts and recipes! Despite her hectic non-stop work and fitness schedules, she is a “girl’s girl” and a student of life!
Want more from me? Find me on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest.