If you are a seasoned runner or a newbie, we’ve got a few helpful tips to keep in mind before you lace up.
1. Practice and learn good form. Pump your arms, keep your shoulders away from your ears, and keep your abs sucked in toward your spine. Body awareness will help to avoid injury.
2. Switch up your run route, or if you are on the treadmill mix up your workout. It could be adding sprints or turning left when you usually turn right – the novelty will keep you from getting bored, ensuring you won’t give up on working out.
3. Don’t run every day. Vary your methods of cardio and definitely be doing strength based workouts. The variety will keep your body guessing and your mind involved with the workout of the day.
4. Run with a buddy. First of all it’s simply more fun! Secondly, you are more likely to meet a friend than skip the workout. You can also benefit if your buddy runs faster than you – you may hit a new PR!
5. Cooldown. Remember to build stretch time into your workout. Target your tush, hamstrings and quads. Invest in a foam roller and a recovery ball the MobilityWOD is great to help resolve pain and prevent future injury.
Susy Sedano is a Content Producer, a fitness enthusiast and an avid cook of healthy meals. She prides herself on creating healthy dishes for family and friends, and is always on the hunt for new workouts and recipes! Despite her hectic non-stop work and fitness schedules, she is a “girl’s girl” and a student of life!
Want more from me? Find me on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest.