HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY!!
Let’s celebrate our Mama’s! In years gone past we would gather at a house of a friend or family member and prepare a delicious feast. Sweet and savory eats along with a bellini bar. It was always a fun day that would evolve into a dance party! So much fun. Times have changed since families have expanded and its difficult to get the original crew together now with extended family members wanting to celebrate too. This year we are going out to brunch, however, if we weren’t this is what I would make. I found this recipe on Grand Babycakes ~ see for yourself this looks amazing. Remember to make a green salad on the side, like one of our favorites: Basil Cauliflower Cucumber & don’t forget the Bellini bar!
Spinach and Bacon Hash Brown Quiche
Cook time: 60 minutes
Total time: 1 hour
Serves: 8 servings
Author: Adapted from Better Homes and Gardens
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 (20 ounce) package refrigerated hash browns
• ½ cup chopped onion (1 medium)
• 6 slices bacon, chopped
• 4 beaten whole eggs + 8 egg whites
• ½ cup greek yogurt non fat plain
• ½ cup half-and-half, light cream, or milk
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• ⅛ teaspoon ground white pepper
• 3 cups lightly packed chopped fresh spinach
• ⅔ cup shredded mozzarella cheese (about 3 ounces)
• ½ cup shredded Swiss cheese (2 ounces)
1. Begin by heating olive oil over medium high heat in a non-stick skillet.
2. Add hash browns and continue to cook until tender and golden brown. When cooked set on paper towels to remove excess oil.
3. Cook bacon in a separate , until crispy, drain excess fat, crumble and set aside on paper towels.
4. In non stick skillet add onion and cook until translucent.
5. To the egg mixture add: yogurt, cream, salt & pepper – mix lightly
6. Fold in: hashbrowns, bacon, and cheeses.
7. Pour all ingredients into a well oiled glass pie dish.
8. Place quiche on a baking sheet and into the oven it goes.
9. Bake until the quiche is just set in the center, about 40 to 50 minutes.
10. Cool completely on a rack before serving.
Enjoy! Let us know how you made yours!
Susy Sedano is a Content Producer at Digital Wellness, a fitness enthusiast and an avid cook of healthy meals. She prides herself on creating healthy dishes for family and friends, and is always on the hunt for new workouts and recipes! Despite her hectic non-stop work and fitness schedules, she is a “girl’s girl” and a student of life!
Want more from me? Find me on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest.