There is something about yogurt-marinated chicken that always makes it so tender and juicy, I could literally put it on anything! Although this typical Greek recipe isn’t all that complex, the lemon, yogurt and oregano make a marvelous marinade for chicken. Better yet, it’s low on calories and healthy to boot.
We also highly recommend you accompany this chicken with a delicious avocado tzatziki sauce, as well!
Greek Lemon Chicken Skewers
- 1 1/4 lbs. chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp plain greek yogurt
- 2 tsp garlic, pressed or grated
- 1tbsp fresh oregano, chipped
- 1tbsp olive oil
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Wooden skewers
- Lemon slices
- Combine all ingredients (except chicken) in a bowl and mix.
- Add chicken and mix to coat evenly.
- Let marinate for 1 hour (optional)
- Skewer chicken and add 1-2 lemon slices per skewer.
- Grill outdoors or on a grill pan for about 2 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
- *Soak wooden skewers in water for at least one hour to prevent burning
Eat Fit Fuel https://eatfitfuel.com/