Yum! Rolled Oat and Cashew Hot Cakes! What a healthy, filling and delicious way to start the day. Get a workout in before or after and you will be feeling positive, proud and perfectly ready to start your day. The healthy ingredients in this recipe should be in your cupboard already since we at Eat Fit Fuel know you are a health conscious human who chooses foods that fuel your active body! Right?
Couple things, remember to let the hot cakes bubble and brown before flipping. You could always sub out the fresh berries for all fruit jam, or do a mix of both. You could even drizzle with a bit of honey! Ingredients and video below. Enjoy!
OATS + CASHEW HOT CAKES RECIPE:
- 2 cups Old-Fashioned Rolled Oats
- ½ cup Raw Cashews
- 1 dash Himalayan Salt (or sea salt)
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Tbsp. Coconut Oil, melted
- 1⅓ cups Distilled Water
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1¾ cup Mixed Berries
- Nonstick cooking spray
1. Place oats, cashews, and salt in food processor or blender; pulse until coarsely ground.
2. Add egg, oil, water, and extract; pulse until well blended. Batter will be thick, but if it is as thick as paste add 2 to 3 additional Tbsp. of water.
3. Heat medium nonstick skillet over medium heat.
4. Spoon about ¼ cup batter into skillet for each pancake; cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until bubbles form on top.
5. Flip with spatula and cook for 30 seconds.
6. Repeat with remaining batter.
7. Serve pancakes topped evenly with berries.
Susy Sedano is a Content Producer, a fitness enthusiast and an avid cook of healthy meals. She prides herself on creating healthy dishes for family and friends, and is always on the hunt for new workouts and recipes! Despite her hectic non-stop work and fitness schedules, she is a “girl’s girl” and a student of life!
Want more from me? Find me on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest.