If you have trouble cooking salmon, then this foil-pouched baked salmon recipe is for you! It’s super simple to prepare, hands-off cooking and extremely low in calories. If you need a little extra to fill you up, we suggest serving with a side of brown rice and you’ll still be under your calorie budget for the day. Plus, this dish is great for almost any diet… give it a try.
- 4 salmon fillets
- 3 lemons
- 2 tbsp. butter – 4 pats of butter
- 1-1/2 lb asparagus – trimmed
- sea salt – to taste
- freshly ground black pepper – to taste
- Pre-heat your oven to 400F.
- Rinse asparagus and trim off the fibrous end.
- Divide the asparagus in to four and place each on a 12-inch by 12-inch piece of aluminum foil.
- Sprinkle the asparagus with sea salt, freshly ground black pepper and the juice from a 1/4 of a lemon wedge.
- Sprinkle the salmon fillets with sea salt, black pepper.
- Place seasoned salmon fillets on top of asparagus and squeeze the juice from a 1/4 of a lemon on top.
- Top with one pat of butter and two slices of lemon.
- Pull the sides of the foil up and fold together to seal the pouch. Place the pouches on a baking sheet.
- Cook for 25 to 30 minutes, or until asparagus is tender.
Serving size: 1 pouch Calories: 230