This recipe might sound strange to some of you, but trust us… avocados work great in baking recipes because of the high (good-for-you) fat content. Personally, I don’t find these to taste at all like avocado, but some who have tried it says it tastes a little like avocado. Why not make a batch for yourself and let us know your thoughts on it?
Now remember, just because these are made with avocado doesn’t make them “healthy”… just healthier, so keep an eye on portion size, but when you’re looking for something sweet, these definitely do the trick! Enjoy!
- 1 ½ cups chocolate chips, melted
- 2 medium ripe avocados, mashed
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray an 9x9-inch baking pan with baking spray and line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In microwave-safe bowl, add chocolate chips and microwave for 30 seconds at a time until melted. Let cool slightly.
- In the bowl, beat together the avocados and sugar until creamy. Then, beat in melted chocolate. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Beat in vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together cocoa powder, flour and salt.
- Slowly add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and beat until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from pan and cool for 15 minutes on a wire rack.
- Cut and eat!