It’s just about time to fire up the barbie! I saw this recipe as I was searching for something tasty, easy and quick meal I could prepare when I get home from work on Friday. I love cooking, but on a Friday I want something super simple to prepare so I can unwind and drink my pinot grigio! So, thank you to Closet Cooking for hooking me up with this gem.
CHIPOTLE LIME SHRIMP
Grilled shrimp on a stick, marinated in a chipotle lime marinade.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Marinate Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
• 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
• 1-3 chipotle chilies in adobo, chopped
• 1-3 teaspoons adobo sauce
• 2 limes, juice and zest
• 2 cloves garlic, chopped
• 1 teaspoon cumin, toasted and ground
• salt and pepper to taste
1. Marinate the shrimp in the mixture of the remaining ingredients for at least 20 minutes.
2. Skewer the shrimp and grill over medium-high heat until cooked, about 1-3 minutes per side.
Tip: Add the chipotles to the marinade one at a time and taste test for heat.
**Option: Add 1 tablespoon honey to the marinade.
**Option: Add 2 tablespoons cilantro to the marinade.
**Option: Add a splash of tequila to the marinade.