This simply said is divine. Had it for dinner last night, and am going to do the same this evening. Refreshing, flavorful, healthy, filling and a bit decadent with the burrata! If you’ve never tried burrata – it is a cousin of fresh mozzarella with added cream. That’s what makes this incredibly simple salad decadent. Give it a try and tell me what you think!
• Heirloom tomatoes – here I used cherry heirlooms, or you could buy the larger version tomato
• Fleur de sel or coarse kosher salt
• Freshly ground black pepper
• Fresh arugula or other spicy mix – I use one bag store bought
• Drizzle with good olive oil
• Drizzle with balsamic vinegar
• 4 (2.5-ounce) rounds burrata cheese
Cut tomatoes in half or into slices and place in large bowl. Sprinkle with fleur de sel and pepper. Drizzle the olive oil and vinegar over tomatoes. Let stand at room temperature at least 30 minutes.
Place 1 burrata cheese round in center of each plate. Fan tomatoes around cheese, dividing equally. Drizzle with dressing from bowl. Garnish with toasted ciabatta if desired.
Susy Sedano is a Content Producer at Digital Wellness, a fitness enthusiast and an avid cook of healthy meals. She prides herself on creating healthy dishes for family and friends, and is always on the hunt for new workouts and recipes! Despite her hectic non-stop work and fitness schedules, she is a “girl’s girl” and a student of life!
Want more from me? Find me on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest.