Now that eggs are no longer on the naughty list, it’s time to start getting creative with those old egg dishes. First up, the deviled egg.
Here, we swap out the – still on the naughty list – mayo and replace with the healthy fat from an avocado. We also boost the flavor by adding other Mexican favorites… cilantro and limes! It’s really a delicious dish, but don’t take our word for it!
- 3 hardboiled eggs
- 1 large avocado
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1 tsp cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- Dash of paprika
- 1 ziplock baggie
- Half the hardboiled eggs lengthwise.
- Removing the yolks and place into a bowl.
- Add the avocado, lime juice, cilantro, garlic powder and salt + pepper.
- Mix thoroughly with a fork.
- Spoon mixture into a ziplock bag and cut-off corner.
- Squeeze into hollowed out center of egg halves.
- Sprinkle with a dash of paprika and enjoy!