We’ve discussed setting fitness goals for yourself and honoring them with rewards, once completed. My go-to reward is a champagne brunch, but that’s expensive on the wallet and on the scale!
Trying to make new habits that eliminate food and cocktails as rewards is challenging. Many of us find rewards in the form of muffins at the coffee shop after a workout, a piece (…or two) of chocolate , or a slice of pizza – but that’s probably building bad habits in the long run.
Here’s a few ways to celebrate your successes that don’t involve food. I would really love to hear what yours are… let us know!
11 Non-Food Treats
- Sleep in!
- Buy yourself a new workout outfit or shoes.
- Go for a mani-pedi or massage.
- Volunteer at the animal shelter – this can be a tough one if you are a dog junkie!
- Take a rest day. Do it – you will love it!
- Send someone a special someone card.
- Buy yourself some flowers.
- Get a new hairstyle or try a new color.
- Buy yourself a blender for protein shakes or a new cookbook!
- Take a staycation or plan a weekend trip.
- Buy that necklace you’ve had your eye on…
Susy Sedano is a Content Producer, a fitness enthusiast and an avid cook of healthy meals. She prides herself on creating healthy dishes for family and friends, and is always on the hunt for new workouts and recipes! Despite her hectic non-stop work and fitness schedules, she is a “girl’s girl” and a student of life!
Want more from me? Find me on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest.