A yummy and creative way to use all of that zucchini I purchased at the farmers market! Trying to keep it light for the next few weeks – I’ve got vacation coming up that requires a bikini! So, here we go. I found this number on Damned Delicious – there are some great recipes here that I will be sharing with you. If you’re not a fan of shrimp you could swap out for scallop or chicken or even tofu. Same thing with the feta cheese – you can swap that for blue cheese, or parmesan. Light, healthy and nutritious, tossed in the most amazing lemon Dijon vinaigrette!
Shrimp, Asparagus and Zucchini Orzo Salad
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Yield 4 servings
• 8 ounces orzo pasta
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 8 ounces medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
• Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 8 ounces asparagus, trimmed
• 1 zucchini, chopped
• 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
For the lemon dijon vinaigrette
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
• Juice of 1 lemon
• 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
• 1 teaspoon sugar, optional
• 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- To make the vinaigrette, whisk together olive oil, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, Dijon, sugar and basil in a small bowl; set aside.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add shrimp, salt and pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally, until pink, about 2-3 minutes; set aside.
- Add garlic to the skillet, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add asparagus and zucchini, and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in pasta, shrimp and vinaigrette, to taste; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve immediately with feta, garnished with parsley, if desired.
Susy Sedano is a Content Producer at Digital Wellness, a fitness enthusiast and an avid cook of healthy meals. She prides herself on creating healthy dishes for family and friends, and is always on the hunt for new workouts and recipes! Despite her hectic non-stop work and fitness schedules, she is a “girl’s girl” and a student of life!
Want more from me? Find me on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest.