Giving you a few tips today to keep you on the road to building muscle and becoming stronger.
5 Tips: Strength Training
1. Check your form. Correct form is key. Use a mirror or buddy up – think quality vs. quantity.
2. Make it harder! Use instability to up the difficulty of the move. You can use a Bosu ball, a balance disc or simply stand on one leg. You will be forced to slow down your movement and seriously need to engage your core. This is a win win!
3. Multiple sizes of weights. Keep various sizes within reach when you are working out. Start with the heavier ones, and when you have fatigued out – you cannot perform the move with perfect form…see #1 above – drop down a size in the weights and carry on.
4. Want to see your muscles pop quickly? Do more strength workout sessions per week. Aim for 3-4 strength training sessions every week, this paired with smart eating will have you showing off your toned body that much faster.
5. Take it easy. Well, take a rest day. Your muscles need time to heal and grow. Taking a rest day – and it can be an active rest day – going for a long walk, or bike ride, will have your body ready with a renewed vigor when you hit the weights again.
Susy Sedano is a Content Producer, a fitness enthusiast and an avid cook of healthy meals. She prides herself on creating healthy dishes for family and friends, and is always on the hunt for new workouts and recipes! Despite her hectic non-stop work and fitness schedules, she is a “girl’s girl” and a student of life!
Want more from me? Find me on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest.