A take anywhere, great for a summer road trip snack, and you don’t have to bake them. This recipe so incredibly easy you only need one bowl to prepare the mixture. These are gluten free and no refrigeration necessary. If you’ve never cooked with gluten free flour give it a try, if you prefer to use regular oat flour that’s your call. This recipe comes from Arman at The Big Man’s World. He creates fun recipes that in words, “never sacrifice taste”. I really like his blog too, check the link above to give it a read. For a young man he is quite wise. Without further ado…
NO BAKE STRAWBERRY CREAM BARS
1 1/2 cups gluten free oat flour
1/2 cup gluten free oat bran
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
2 T + granulated sweetener of choice (adjust to taste)
1/4 cup freeze dried strawberries
1/4 cup white chocolate chips
2 T strawberry jam
1/4 cup brown rice syrup
1/4 cup nutbutter
1/4 cup almond milk
1. Line a large baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the oat flour, oat bran, protein powder, sweetener of choice, freeze dried strawberries and white chocolate chunks and mix well.
3. In a microwave safe bowl or stovetop, melt the brown rice syrup with the nut butter and strawberry jam. Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture until fully incorporated- Mixture should be crumbly.
4. Using a tablespoon at a time, pour the almond milk until the mixture is very thick. Press the mixture firmly into the lined pan and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes, or consume immediately- However it will be quite soft.
1. Adjust accordingly. Depending on protein powder used, you may need less/more.