Fewer dishes when cooking – sign me up! I found this little gem from Kristin at Yellow Bliss Road. I’ve been watching my fare share of Food TV lately and have been seeing so much pasta, my cravings are going crazy! In my effort to have a tidy kitchen this one pot wonder is just what I’m looking for – perhaps you too?!
One Pan Caprese Pasta
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 main dish servings
• 1/2 cup diced white onion
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 2 1/2 cups dry pasta
• 1 package of grape tomatoes, sliced in half
• 5 fresh whole basil leaves
• 2 teaspoons minced garlic
• 2 1/2 cups water
• 1/2 tsp kosher salt
• 1/2 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
• 1 1/2 cups fresh, diced Mozzarella (about 8 oz)
• 2 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
• Chopped basil leaves for garnish
1. Preheat a 12 inch skillet or saute pan with 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Add onions and cook until soft.
2. Add dry pasta, sliced tomatoes, fresh whole basil leaves, garlic, water, salt and pepper. Stir together to combine.
3. Bring pasta mixture to a boil. Continue to cook pasta over medium heat, stirring often, until pasta is cooked and the liquid is reduced; about ten minutes.
4. Top evenly with mozzarella cubes and cover the pan so the cheese can melt.
5. Sprinkle with Balsamic vinegar and chopped basil for garnish.
Susy Sedano is a Content Producer at Digital Wellness, a fitness enthusiast and an avid cook of healthy meals. She prides herself on creating healthy dishes for family and friends, and is always on the hunt for new workouts and recipes! Despite her hectic non-stop work and fitness schedules, she is a “girl’s girl” and a student of life!
Want more from me? Find me on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest.