Yay! The weekend is officially here. It’s time for fun and relaxation and that means delicious eats and cocktails. I think this recipe is visually appetizing and very tasty. This is super easy to make even though it looks like it takes a lot of hard work. Make this and impress yourself and impress your friends. I saw some fresh peas at the market and went on a hunt for yummy ways to work them into a delicious treat! This recipe is from Food 52!
PEA PESTO CROSTINI
• 1 pound of fresh English peas (about 1 cup shelled)
• 1 clove of garlic, crushed
• 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
• 3-4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
• salt and pepper to taste
• 1 baguette sliced into cross sections
• additional olive oil for garnish
1. Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Add the shelled peas to the water once boiling, and cook for 5 minutes. Drain peas, and transfer to food processor.
2. Add garlic, Parmesan, salt and pepper to food processor and blend until the mixture forms a paste. Slowly drizzle in each tablespoon of olive oil, pulsing the food process along the way, until the pea pesto reaches your desired consistency. Add more olive oil for a saucy pesto, less for more of a spread.
3. Toast baguette pieces under broiler until golden brown. Spread the pea pesto on the toasts, then dollop a bit of ricotta on each piece. Finish with a pinch of salt, freshly ground pepper, and drizzle of olive oil. Serve immediately.