You’ll absolutely fall-in-love with this guacamole recipe!
Of course, you need ripe avocados for that wonderfully buttery taste we’ve all come to love from avocados… that’s a must! But you’ll discover that roasting the tomatoes and charring the limes provides such a unique flavor that’s more intense than what you’d expect. Now, guacamole isn’t inherently unhealthy for you, but the tortilla chips you dip into it is, so we suggest finding another healthier dipping vessel if you can.
We recommend trying crips carrots, cucumber slices, whole wheat baked pita chips… or just a spoon!
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 limes, halved
- 4 avocados, ripe
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- salt & pepper, to taste
- olive oil
- 1/2 cup cotija cheese, crumbled
- Place the tomatoes and cut limes on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Broil in oven for 5 to 10 minutes, or until the tomatoes are blistered and the limes are charred.
- In a large bowl, mash together the avocado, red onion, jalapeno, cilantro, the juice of 2 charred limes, salt and pepper.
- Gently stir in the roasted tomatoes with juices, squeeze in the remaining lime juice.
- Top with Mexican cotjia cheese.
- Serve immediately with tortilla chips!