Chicken & Blueberry Pasta Salad
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, trimmed of fat
- 8 ounces whole-wheat fusilli or radiatore
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lime zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place chicken in a skillet or saucepan and add enough water to cover; bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer gently until cooked through and no longer pink in the middle, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken to a cutting board to cool. Shred into bite-size strips.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta until just tender, about 9 minutes or according to package directions. Drain. Place in a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, place oil and shallot in a small skillet and cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until softened and just beginning to brown, 2 to 5 minutes.
- Add broth, feta and lime juice and cook, stirring occasionally, until the feta begins to melt, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken to the bowl with the pasta. Add the dressing, blueberries, thyme, lime zest and salt and toss until combined.
- Make Ahead Tip: Add everything except the blueberries and dressing to the pasta salad. Cover and refrigerate pasta salad, blueberries and dressing separately for up to 1 day. Toss together just before serving.
- Per serving: 315 calories; 11 g fat (3 g sat, 6 g mono); 49 mg cholesterol; 33 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 23 g protein; 5 g fiber; 238 mg sodium; 207 mg potassium.
Eat Fit Fuel https://eatfitfuel.com/