After a while, traditional chicken salad can become boring, but this recipes swaps out plain old celery for a plethora of Mediterranean-inspired veggies for a healthy boost and “pop” of flavor. You’d be hard pressed to classify this chicken salad as boring.
Plus, it’s great on a whole wheat pita, in a wrap, on slices of bread or even all by itself. Trust us, you’ll be satisfied!
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 cup artichoke hearts
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 cups cooked chicken, diced or shredded
- 1 cup sun dried tomatoes
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup red onions, diced
- 1 cup artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- Combine the yogurt, garlic, basil, lemon juice, artichoke hearts, salt and pepper in a strong blender or food processor and blend until smooth
- In a large bowl combine the yogurt dressing, chicken and remaining ingredients. Mix to combine.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or eat immediately.