Greek tzatiki is a delicious healthy dip…. add avocado and it’s even better!
Tzatiki is a yogurt-based sauce of Greek origin, made from yogurt, garlic, and cucumbers. We try to extract as much water from the cucumbers as possible to enhance the flavor. If time permits, after grating the cucumber, sprinkle with a little salt and let sit for 5-10 minutes before squeezing out the excess water for an even better flavor and texture.
Serve this dip with pita, pita chips, zucchini spears, carrots, cucumber slices or as a spread on sandwiches!
- 1/2 large cucumber, seeded, peeled and grated
- 1 large ripe avocado, mashed
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, plain
- 1 garlic clove, grated or pressed
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients and serve!