The raw cauliflower finely chopped in the food processor makes for a terrific texture to this light, refreshing summer salad. Along with the lemon-hummus dressing, this salad will impress – without the leafy greens.
- 1 english cucumber – halved and quartered
- 1/3 head of cauliflower (~2 cups roughly chopped)
- 1/2 medium red onion – diced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil – chopped
CREAMY LEMON DRESSING
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice (~1 lemon)
- 2 tbsp. plain humus
- 1 tsp. pure honey or agave
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 pinch of salt – to taste
- In a food processor, add chopped cauliflower and process until finely chopped.
- Transfer cauliflower to a large bowl. Add the cucumber, red onion and basil. Mix until combined.
- Prepare the dressing by whisking all ingredients together in a small bowl and drizzle over the salad.
- Toss and serve. Optional add-ins: diced grilled chicken, chickpeas, avocado or sunflower seeds for more protein
- CHEF’S NOTES
Store in the refrigerator, covered, for up to 2 days but is best eaten after just a few hours, otherwise it might get watery.