You can do this before you leave the house, or even at the office. Four moves together designed to target that tush and tone your thighs. It’s a short routine, so perform each move 60 seconds, then repeat. Aim for 3 rounds, and if you have time add two more! You could even perform the Glute Kickback when you are waiting in line at the market – I should have been doing that earlier!
Let’s get started.
- Stand with feet together. Take a controlled lunge (or large step) backward with your left foot.
- Lower your hips so that your right thigh (front leg) becomes parallel to the floor and your right knee is positioned directly over your ankle. Keep your left knee bent at a 90-degree angle and pointing toward the floor. Your left heel should be lifted.
- Step the left foot in, and lunge back with the right foot.
- Continue alternating for 30 seconds.
- Stand with your feet wide, toes pointing out. Bend your knees, lowering your hips deeply, so your thighs are parallel with the floor. Make sure to keep your weight back in your heels.
- Then rise back up, straightening the legs completely and squeezing the glutes at the top of the movement to get the most from the exercise.
- Do as many squats as you can for 30 seconds.
- Stand with feet together. Put weight in your left leg, and raise the right leg behind you.
- Pulse it back for 15 seconds, lower the leg, and do 15 more with the left leg.
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width distance apart, feet parallel. Bend your knees, lowering your hips deeply, so your thighs are parallel with the floor, keeping your weight back in your heels.
- Then rise back up, straightening the legs completely and lifting the right leg out to the side, squeezing the outer glute.
- As you step the foot back into shoulder-width distance position, squat down again. Then stand up and do a side leg lift on the left side. Lower the leg back to the starting position.
- This counts as one rep. Complete as many as you can for 30 seconds.
Susy Sedano is a Content Producer, a fitness enthusiast and an avid cook of healthy meals. She prides herself on creating healthy dishes for family and friends, and is always on the hunt for new workouts and recipes! Despite her hectic non-stop work and fitness schedules, she is a “girl’s girl” and a student of life!
Want more from me? Find me on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest.