This is truly a delicious recipe that’s considerably healthier than what you normally get from a macaroni salad…. you get more veggies! Plus, most of these ingredients can be found in your fridge on a daily basis, but the combination of flavors and textures really takes it to the next level.
Chef’s Tip: We learned after-the-fact from a traditional Hawaiian macaroni salad recipe to take the hot, strained noodles straight from the pot and mix in the vinegar. Let that soak for a few minutes beforehand to give your macaroni salad an extra boost in taste! You won’t be disappointed!
- 1 lb. elbow macaroni, cooked
- ¾ cup mayo
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1½ teaspoons ground black pepper
- 8 slices of bacon, chopped
- 1 cup tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 cup baby spinach, chopped
- First, toss together the hot, stained pasta with the rice vinegar.
- Let that soak for a few minutes before adding all the remaining ingredients.
- Refrigerate or enjoy immediatelyChef’s !