The weather has been blistering hot here on the West Coast for the past weeks – seems more like East Coast weather. Its not something we in Southern California are used to at all. I’ve been looking for ways to stay cool and take the edge off – and since it’s Friday…I think I’ve earned a frozen cocktail to end my week on a good note.
Frozen Jalapeño Lemondade Margaritas!
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 2 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
- ¾ cup tequila
- ½ cup triple sec or grand marnier
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup Jalapeno Syrup (see below)
- fresh jalapeno slices for garnish
- Jalapeno Syrup, makes 1 ½ cups
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 jalapeno peppers, minced
- Lemon wedges
- Sugar for the rim
- To make the syrup: Combine the sugar and water in a small pot and bring to a brief boil over medium heat.
- Transfer the syrup to a blender and add the jalapenos. Blend until smooth. Transfer to an airtight container or mason jar. Refrigerate for up to 1 week.
- To make the margaritas: Rim 4 glasses with a lemon wedge and then dip them into a dish filled with sugar. Upright the glasses and fill them with ice.
- Fill a blender with the tequila, triple sec, lemon juice and 1 cup of the Jalapeno syrup, plus tons of ice. Blend on high and pour the margaritas into the prepared glasses.
- Garnish with fresh jalapeno slices if desired and serve.