There is nothing better than sitting around the dinner table (or a picnic table or anywhere for that matter) with friends and family surrounded by good food. Lemon and chicken are easily one of my favorite combinations, this is a savory dish that is not only delicious, but also easy to prepare.
Mary’s free–range air chilled chicken is my go to for this recipe; however, any chicken you like will be perfect. Prep time is a breeze and the final presentation of your roasted lemon chicken will look like you have been in the kitchen all day long, but no so. With just 90 minutes of cooking time you will discover how much fun you can have with your culinary skills. Remember you can always add your own spices for additional flavor. Enjoy!
This recipe is very easy to prepare.
Total Time 1hr 40mins
Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Servings 6 Units US
● 1 whole chicken (about 3 pounds)
● 1 head garlic
● 2 tablespoons olive oil
● chopped fresh parsley
● 2 lemons
● 2 tablespoons butter
● salt and pepper
1. Cut up 1 lemon into 8 pieces and rub the outside of the chicken with the peel side of the pieces and then put the lemon pieces into the chicken with the garlic.
2. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Pour a mixture of half of the olive oil and half of the butter on top and pour the rest inside of the chicken.
4. Roast for 1 1/2 hours in a preheated oven of 325 degrees.
5. Half and hour before chicken is done roasting pour the juice from the second freshly squeezed lemon over the top and sprinkle the chicken with the chopped parsley and return the chicken to the oven to finish roasting.