There is nothing better that a salad with the freshest ingredients available. This is such an amazing time of year for tomatoes and corn. Get out there and go to your local farmers market and gt all the ingredients for this deliciously simple recipe. It will make all the difference in the world. We can thank Not Enough Cinnamon for this fabulous recipe and photo. Enjoy!
TOMATO, CORN & AVOCADO SALAD
• 1 lb assorted cherry tomatoes, cut in half (or quartered if they’re large)
• 1 1/2 cups fresh corn kernels
• 2/3 cup scallion, chopped (white and green parts)
• the juice of 1 lime
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• salt and pepper to taste
• 1 avocado, cubed (cut it at the last moment)
1. Combine tomatoes, corn and scallion in a salad bowl. Drizzle with lime and olive oil, season with salt and pepper to taste and toss to combine.
2. Set aside (in the fridge or not) for at least 30 minutes, to let the flavors develop.
3. Right before serving, add avocado cubes. Toss again and serve immediately.
Susy Sedano is a Content Producer at Digital Wellness, a fitness enthusiast and an avid cook of healthy meals. She prides herself on creating healthy dishes for family and friends, and is always on the hunt for new workouts and recipes! Despite her hectic non-stop work and fitness schedules, she is a “girl’s girl” and a student of life!
Want more from me? Find me on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest.