Try these surprisingly simple moves and be on your way to strong and sexy abs. The trick with abs is to do the movements slowly. Breathe with each move. Repeat. Remember also, for the best results, eat a clean diet, get your strength and cardio workouts in, and devote time to working your abdominal muscles, simple as that.
3 Simple Moves for Amazing Abs
• Lie flat on the floor with your lower back pressed to the ground and contract your core muscles.
• With your hands gently holding your head, lift your knees to about a 45-degree angle.
• Slowly, at first, go through a bicycle pedal motion.
• Alternately touching your elbows to the opposite knees as you twist back and forth.
• Breath evenly throughout the exercise.
• Lie on your back.
• Place your hands, palms down, on the floor beside you.
• Raise your legs off the ground (Exhale as you go).
• Keep your knees locked throughout the exercise.
• Hold for 30 seconds, or as long as you can (with some routines, there is only a short contraction/holding period).
• Return to starting position (Inhale as you go).
• Get down on the floor on your hands and knees. Next, bring your elbows down to the floor, while your palms stay firmly grounded.
As you do so, raise your hips toward the ceiling.
• Your legs should be straight, your forearms should rest flat on the ground, your head should be between your elbows, resting on the ground, and your palms should be flat on the ground in front of your head. Your body should take the shape of a triangle.
• Look down on the floor and remain in this pose for 30 to 60 seconds. Then, gradually exhale and let your knees touch the ground.
Susy Sedano is a Content Producer at Digital Wellness, a fitness enthusiast and an avid cook of healthy meals. She prides herself on creating healthy dishes for family and friends, and is always on the hunt for new workouts and recipes! Despite her hectic non-stop work and fitness schedules, she is a “girl’s girl” and a student of life!
Want more from me? Find me on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest.