I am a huge fan of protein shakes because of their versatility in regards to flavor and nutritional content, not to mention how easy it is to throw some stuff in a blender then hit a button! However, one of the most common pitfalls when it comes to shakes and smoothies that are “healthy” is the skyrocketed amount of carbs. Whether it’s fruit, honey, or something else, there are loads of “healthy” ingredients that can make your nutritious beverage a carb-catastrophe! So here is an amazing recipe that gets in the protein, flavor, and doesn’t smash the carb bank!
- ½ cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 2 ounces of cream cheese
- ½ cup strawberries
- 4 tablespoons sweetener
- 1 cup of ice cubes (2 handfuls)
- ¼ cup Silk Unsweetened Soy Milk
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Add all of the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth and easily pourable.
- Taste and adjust consistency and sweetness by adding more ice and/or sweetener.