I like to prep these on Sunday’s so I am prepared for when hunger strikes – which is basically always. You can add in your favorite veggies – whatever you have in the house – cheese if you want it as well. Think of your muffin tin as an artistic endeavor. You can actually make each one slightly different if you want a variety or if you are feeding multiple mouths.
I pulled this recipe from Ambitious Kitchen! The photos too!
Cheesy Egg White Veggie Breakfast Muffins
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 30 mins
• 2 1/2 cups egg whites
• 3 eggs
• 3/4 cup reduced fat shredded cheese of choice (I love cheddar, colby jack, or pepper jack)
• 2 tablespoons of skim milk or plain greek yogurt (not necessary, but gives them a bit of fluff)
• salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray, you can also line with muffin tins, just make sure you spray the inside of the muffin tins.
2. Fill each muffin tin 1/4-1/3 full with veggies and herbs of choice. Add in 1 tablespoon of cheese to each muffin tin.
3. In medium bowl whisk together egg whites, eggs, and milk/yogurt. Fill each muffin to the top with egg mixture, pouring over the veggies already in each tin. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until risen and slightly golden on top.
4. Let cool for a few minutes, then remove from tin.
• Serves: 12
• Serving size: 1 egg muffin
• Calories: 63
• Fat: 2.8g
• Carbohydrates: .9g
• Sugar: .6g
• Protein: 9.3g
Calorie Count does not include veggies you may add.
Egg muffins should be kept in fridge after baking; however they may become soggy or moist, that’s okay, they’ll still be delicious when reheated! I like to individually wrap mine.
Susy Sedano is a Content Producer at Digital Wellness, a fitness enthusiast and an avid cook of healthy meals. She prides herself on creating healthy dishes for family and friends, and is always on the hunt for new workouts and recipes! Despite her hectic non-stop work and fitness schedules, she is a “girl’s girl” and a student of life!
Want more from me? Find me on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest.