I was in a pinch over the past weekend – I wanted to bring a treat to my sister’s house that my nephew and his friends would like. I found this ridiculously easy recipe. Here’s the thing I am convinced no matter what you make with peanut butter – it will be a winning decision. See for yourself!
Peanut Butter Honey Cereal Bars
Yield: 9 bars – depending on how big or small you cut them 😉
• 1/2 cup crunchy natural peanut butter, well-stirred
• 1/2 cup honey
• 3 cups toasted whole grain oats cereal
• Line an 8 x 8 inch square pan with parchment.
• Combine peanut butter & honey in a large saucepan and set over medium heat. Heat until mixture just starts to simmer, about 2-3 minutes, stirring. Remove from heat and stir until mixture is well-combined.
• Stir in cereal until evenly coated. Pour mixture into prepared pan, cover with parchment, and press firmly.
**Note: A pastry roller will help to firmly and evenly pack down the mixture so the bars hold their shape. Chill in the refrigerator￼ for 1 hour. Cut into bars. Store individually wrapped in the refrigerator.