Straight-up bean burgers are often missing something in taste and texture. Don’t get us wrong we love what beans bring to a traditional beef burger, but we feel this combination of ground turkey, black beans and tons of other southwestern flavors, really take this alternative burger over the top!
Now, if 12 patties seem like a lot, don’t feel the need to grill up the whole dozen all at once. Form the patties, wrap in parchment and enjoys weeks or evens months later!
- 1 Small Onion, chopped finely
- 1 lb. Ground Turkey
- 1 lb. Lean Turkey Sausage, casing removed
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup bell peppers, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, deseeded and diced
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 2 Eggs
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp chili powder
- Salt + pepper, to taste
- Combine all the ingredients into a large bowl and mix well.
- Form into 12 burger patties.
- Grill or pan-fry for 5-6 minutes on each side.
- Place each burger on a toasted whole wheat bun and top with lettuce, tomato, red onion, and avocado.
- Serve and enjoy!